Oven Fried Mustard Chicken
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsps olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsps freshly minced parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly minced chives
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps water
- 4 boneless skinless 1/2 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 -inch thickness (about 4 oz. each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sriracha to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place a cooling rack over the pan and spray the rack with nonstick cooking spray.
In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil, parsley, chives, salt, and pepper, to taste. In a separate shallow dish, combine mustard, water, salt, and pepper, to taste, and remaining olive oil, with the optional additions of honey and sriracha to taste. Coat each chicken breast with mustard mixture; dredge each in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared rack in pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
Serve immediately with your chosen sides – also excellent in a sandwich with melted provolone or cold from the fridge the next day!